- My Tutor Sessions
- About Us
- Contact Us
Make Sense of Math!
Do negative numbers leave you numb? The Quadratic Equation leave you quizzical? Are you unsure what imaginary numbers even are? If so, you have come to the right place!
Welcome to MyFreeTutor, a groundbreaking new way to help high school students and Military Veterans learn math- for free!
How does it work?
MyFreeTutor pairs skilled math tutors with struggling math students. The tutor and student then meet once a week in an online classroom. The tutor caters each session to the student’s specific needs, allowing you to get the help that you need and learn at your own pace.
When will I ever use math?
Tutors aren’t just there to explain the nitty gritty. Many of our tutors come from STEM backgrounds, meaning they worked in the Science, Technology, Math, and Engineering fields. Tutors explain how math is actually used every day. And with your tutor’s help and a firm handle of math, you can explore a whole new range of possibilities for your future, maybe in those STEM fields!
Interested in Volunteering?
- Are you a math whiz, willing to help a struggling student?
- Are you a teacher who is seeking extra help for a struggling student?
- Are you a volunteer group or corporation looking to make an impact and give back?
Click on the Volunteer tab above to learn more.
Take the Tutor’s 25 Question Qualification Test to get started on your way to making a change in a student’s life!
Interested in Receiving Tutoring?
- Are you a student who needs some math assistance?
- Maybe you’re taking a math class for the first time since high school and have no clue where to begin?
- Maybe you need to brush up on your math skills for the SATs or an AP course, or prep for a big test.
If you think that MyFreeTutor sounds like the perfect solution for you, click on the Student tab above to learn more.
Help us help you! Let’s work together to make math a breeze and help every student become a more confident and capable learner!
What’s the Buzz?
Read what our supporters have to say about MyFreeTutor.
The Results are In! We asked Kensington Health Science Academy’s teachers to assess their 2014-2015 students who participated in tutoring what difference MyFreeTutor made in the areas of class participation, tests, and homework…
- 67% of students improved in all areas: class participation, tests, homework
- 80% of students improved in two or more areas
- 87% of students improved in at least one area
- 100% of students returning for a second marking period of tutoring improved in all three areas